Codename : Rise-Up Spent Grain Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
Once the beer has been steeped, what does one do with the spent grain? Make cookies!
Recipe Inspiration : https://www.thebrewadventures.com/food/spent-grain-oatmeal-raisin-cookies
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C spent grain
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 1/4 C oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C Raisins (or cranberries, or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add grain, flour, oats, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Finally add in the raisins, the recipe says 1 cup, be we all know you measure this one with the heart, not the actual cup 🙂
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk. Or other beverage you might prefer.
This batch of cookies was made with the spent grain from my Rise-Up Blonde Alethorpe.