Codename : Rise-Up Golden Alethorpe Porridge
Once the beer has been steeped, what does one do with the spent grain? Make a stick-to-your-ribs porridge!
Recipe Inspiration : Rise-Up Blonde Alethorpe
- 1/2 cup spent grain
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup raisins (or cranberries)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- dash of salt
- Add 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot. Place rack in the bottom, and insert a bowl safe for use at the high temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients into the bowl, and stir well.
- Lock on the lid, push the Oatmeal/Porridge button (20 minutes, high pressure).
- Allow natural release to depressurise.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings, serves up to 4 people.