Codename : Mountain Portage Blonde Alethorpe
Just like my last Blonde Ale, this simple recipe was chosen to fine tune my brewing style, as I have switched to using a propane stove outdoors.
Recipe inspiration : https://abthorpe.org/2022/04/blonde-ale/
- 1 Lb 10 oz Maris Otter Malted Barley
- 2 oz Munich II (9L)
- 1 oz Rye Malt
- 0.2 oz East Kent Golding hops at 60 minutes
- 0.1 oz East Keng Golding hops at 10 minutes
- ¼ Whirlfloc tablet at 10 minutes (optional)
- 0.1 oz East Kent Golding hops at 0 minutes
- 4 ml Nottingham dry yeast
Anticipated IBU : 22
Anticipated ABV : 4.5%
Target OG : 1.046
Target FG : 1.011
Brewhouse (in)efficiency : 65%
- Prepare 6L strike water, 154F.
- Add the grains to the bag.
- Calibrate sonic screwdriver.
- Place the bag in the hot water, set the timer for 75 minutes, and maintain the temperature at 149 F. Looking for a minimum SG 1.036
- Lift the bag out, allow it to drip into the pot. Capturing every bit of potential sugar is good.
- Bring wort up to 205F.
- Set the timer for 60 minutes. Add hops and Whirlfloc at the prescribed time above. Looking for a minimum SG 1.045
- Sanitise everything required for fermentation.
- Cool to room temp, an ice-bath or a snowbank work effectively
- Prepare yeast mixture.
- Add wort to the jug. Pitch yeast
- Store in a cool place for primary fermentation for 14-21 days.
- Sanitise everything required for bottling.
- Transfer from carboy to bottling pot.
- Prepare 19g corn sugar with enough hot water to dissolve it. Add to pot.
- Preferably conduct bottle conditioning for at least 4 weeks.
- Pre-boil SG was 1.036, post-boil SG was 1.044
Tasting notes to follow
Brew day : 16-Jun-2022
Bottling day : 30-Jun-2022
NFT : to follow