Spent Grain Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Codename : Ryetirement Oatmeal Bars
Once the beer has been steeped, what does one do with the spent grain? Bake with it! This is a one dish bake, you can mix all the ingredients directly in the baking dish.
Recipe Inspiration : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jorIa8Se11U
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 cup spent grain
- 1/2 C chocolate chips (we all know this one is measured by the heart, not the actual cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add the remainder of the on top of the bananas, mix well.
- Level out the mash, ensuring it has been spread to the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
This batch of bars was made with the spent grain from my Westfort Ryetirement Strong Bitter.